MATALA MATTING – BLACK
- Sheet Matala Black
- The low density Black Matala can be used as a support grate for other layers of media due to its very sturdy and open design.
- It is used widely as a large particle size solids filter.
- A single layer 1.5 inch thick can filter out things like leaves, large clumps of algae & etc. However, if you use multiple layers it can really filter out some smaller particles like medium size koi pellets, small bits of algae, tiny leaves & etc.
- The flow rate per square foot is very important. In a settling chamber a single layer of Black will slow down and trap large particles and hair algae. Each additional layer you add will trap a smaller and smaller particle without clogging. That’s the big advantage to Matala media in general, If you use correctly, it can hold tremendous amounts of debris without clogging.
- When you use the Black or Green Matala for mechanical / solids filtering, you may use the garden hose to spray them clean. In general these two colors densities are use as mechanical solids filter pads and you are not concerned with losing any bacteria with a hose washing. The dirt falls off easily.
- Full Sheet: 1m x 2m with thickness: 3.8cm or 48″ x 39″ x 1.5″
- can not be folded for shipping